Saturday, March 16, 2013

Free 3x4" Journal/Filler cards (Silhouette cut file & other formats).

 Thanks for your patience & help!

 Edited to add: Oops the .studio file was too large to work.  I was rescued by two of the Angels at the Silhouette Plus Forum! Thank You, Gayle & Kay. The crafting community has such incredible people. (Who are so clever!) So now the print and cut file is replaced & the zip file and the .studio file should work perfectly. Plus I've learned a thing or two (or three). :-)


Not sure how the days scurry away from me on this ol' blog, but I do know Spring is the time of year that I start cleaning out cupboards, working in the community veggie garden, getting more serious about my health, and so on and so forth... How about you - are you feeling Spring-y?

Today, I'm sharing my very first print & cut file for the Silhouette Cameo
 (and the first of what I hope will be many many Silhouette & Project Life style freebies)


Sorry, there's a lot of housekeeping (or blah blah blah) in this post, 
but I wanted to make sure that the new file hosting works for everyone.



-1-
(Easy & speedy downloading from Google Docs)
 
Using Google Drive & Docs is a handy tool for file sharing,
 but it is brand new to me, so I hope it works well for you.


Step 1) Click on the image or link for the file you want.
Step 2) Click on "Download" (You may see a virus scan warning - which is only there because these files are so large)
Step 3) Select 'Download anyway



If you prefer, you can choose to download
 the zip file linked below instead & scan it before you unzip.

 Zip Files: 

Files of this size cannot be scanned by Google Docs' built-in virus scanner, so if you prefer to be extra cautious you can download the zip file (with all 4 file types) here and then scan it with your own virus software before unzipping it. (You should be able to do this by right clicking on the zip file, once it is saved to your computer, and selecting 'scan...').

-2-
 
 (3x4 journal/filler card freebies)

Click on the image or the link
 to go download the file type of your choice from Google Docs


These journal cards worked well in the Silhouette Studio Designer software for me, so I hope they work for you! (Using print & cut for the very first time was a massive thrill!)


This .studio cut file has a printer's bleed so you won't end up with any white space on the cards when they cut. (It's my first 'print & cut file' so please let me know if you have any suggestions for how I can improve future Silhouette files).


The maximum number of cards I can fit on the silhouette .studio files is 4, because there needs to be room for the registration marks (so that the print & cut can work its magic). The PDF and other file formats have an extra card in there, because how could I waste that space, right?


The files also worked quite well, size-wise, when printing from a PDF in Adobe Reader... (Please let me know if I can help you get them working perfectly from your own computer.) :-) 
 



 





-3-
(New, more flexible, guidelines for use)

Please link, if you can, so I can see your creations. :-)

Please feel free to use my digital patterns to create any handmade items for sale.
It is also okay to use them for most commercial digital items (like scrapbook for hire or invitations).

But please do not... use my work as-is, and please don't use it
 to create digital papers/digital kits - unless they are shared for free. :-)

A Little Note:
Sometimes I create patterns based on the work of artists who allow such use,
(Karen The Graphics Fairy; Marisa Lerin at Pixel Scrapper; and various Font Artists). 
When this is the case I have credited them. Please link them when you can.


-4-
 
Tips for printing these cards at the right size

To get the right sized card printing out, I would suggest sticking with the PDF file if you can. This quick and easy method worked very well for me:



Using Adobe Reader, select the print icon, and under the "Size Options" section, choose "Actual size" then hit print.

On printers & sizes: I use an HP Officejet 7500 E910 wide format printer, which I really like because it is an affordable way to print 12x12 patterned papers. Of course all printers are different so you may find that you need to make a test print or two to get the right size for your particular album pages.



-5-
 
Videos & links you might find useful:

(a video tutorial by Lindsey for Silhouette America Inc.)

(a video tutorial by Linda Kaiser for The Paper Boutique).
Her excellent discussion of "printer's bleed starts around 3:20 minutes in the video.




Hope you can have 
some fun with these,


P.S. If you have any requests for card sizes, let me know. I'll see what I can do! :-)

31 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my ! You've outdone yourself once again Mel!
I love these, what a wonderful gift there are!
Thank You and thank you for the explanations as well ;-)

cal8007 said...

I just turned on my computer and was delighted to see a post from you. You are so wonderful and giving!!

Thanks for all you share!

Hugs,

Carmen L

BSI said...

Mel, thank you so much for your beautiful designs. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. :)

ike said...

Absolutely gorgeous - thank you very much Mel :-D xxxxx

TenSGal said...

Thank you so much for these....I love them! I did save them out but when I opened them in my Silhouette software I only got the Rose and the lower right one....the other two are just white cards. I saved them out in both Firefox and IE and got the same result. Any ideas?
Thanks so much for sharing these!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hoihoi, I would like to thank you for your free digipaper. I have used some of them and I am very pleased with the result. I have made a blog, the link: http://antoinette65.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/babyboom-op-komst/
Thanks a lot and enjoy!
Antoinette

Dawn said...

Mel, Mel, Mellll!!! How did you know?! I just ordered a Silhouette!! Thanks, sweetie! I can't wait to thy out your papers!

No starting garden here yet, much too cold and wet yet! Hugs, dearie!

Dawn said...

hahahaha...uh, that would be *try* not thy!

Trish said...

Thanks Mel for your generous sharing of these beautiful files. I am using a mac computer and when I downloaded the Studio file and opened it into my Studio software I got a pixilated version of all but the rose and the fan(lower right). So I downloaded the pdf and was able to bring it into the Studio software and get a trace and detach of all but the rose. So using both files I got all of the images. Yea! Thanks so much. I think we are all learning together how to make the most of our Silhouette machines. It is a remarkable tool.

Tine said...

Thanks Mel. Whilst I am a Silhouette Cameo user I opted for the .png to play with. Glad you are having fun with your cutter too.

g said...

Thanks Mel! These are gorgeous! can't wait to print & cut them!

Rainpatter said...

Thank you! I love my silhouette, and I am so excited that you are making things in the .studio format.

Anonymous said...

Mel,
Thanks for the great share. I fixed the studio file for you. Check back at the Silh + forum for details.

katemade designs said...

I'm not using project life yet but these are awesome an I knew you would be great with the studio software.

Anonymous said...

Thank your Mel for your generosity, you continually out do yourself ... I can't decide which I love the best! They are fabulous!

Beate said...

I love the flower and made a card with them. You can see here: http://beateshobby.blogspot.de/2013/03/eine-schnelle-karte.html
Thank you for share with us.
Beate

racmozz said...

Gorgeous colours again and love the patterns. Cant wait to make some cards with them. I will link if i get a chance to make something x

tiff reed said...

So, I love love LOVE the papers you made and wanted to give your props on Instagram.....have one? TIFF

cmu said...

Thanks

Handmade with Love said...

I have just spent an hour looking through your wonderful blog! Thank you so much for sharing your work and the tutorials you are a very talented lady! Tracey x

Linda said...

Hey, Mel
Just dropping in to say Hi, thinking about you and hoping all is good.
just used one of your papers and wanted to say thanks again.

Erum Tasneem said...

thank you, you are a sweet heart <3

Crafty Tazzy said...

Ooo Thank you so much Mel for sharing your wonderful creation!!

Tami McBeain said...

Thank you so much, these files are wonderful! I've recently discovered your blog and love it! Thank you for sharing all the awesome freebies and for the tutorials on how to use them!

BSI said...

So beautiful. Thanks Mel, You're the best. =D

Lisa Lynn said...

These are gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

Jacq said...

Hi Mel, thanks so much for sharing these beautiful papers/journaling cards. They will certainly come in handy for all sorts of occasions.
Thank you, too, for the great instructions. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mel

Thank you so very much for the beautiful floral card and papers. I love using the print and cut feature on my silhouette, so I'm certainly going to give this set a go.

You design such beautiful creations - I just want to thank you again for so generously sharing them with us.

Thank you - take care

Paula x x x

Jaimie Ramsey said...

Thanks so much for sharing, what amazing work you do!

Anonymous said...

thanks very much !

Anonymous said...

I just got a Cameo, and these lovely cards are going to be my first foray into print and cut. Thank you!!