Template Details: I just had to make a new purse template 'cause I wanted one that would have lots of room for a jeweled Scor-Pal grid. The finished purses end up measuring 5 1/4 wide at the bottom by 3 1/2 inches high. They're 1 1/2 inches deep. You could put 3x3 or 4x4 inch notecards and envelopes in them or a little gifty (Jewelery perhaps?) ;O)
Black Jeweled Purse Supplies:
Scor-Pal (to quilt it)
Gems (to jewel it)
Cardstock (I used black SU cardstock stamped with French Script & It's About Time in bleach & a brown textured c.s.)
Metal embellishments (these are from the dollar store in Newmarket Ontario) :O)
Primas (these are from Close to my Heart)
Stuff to sew: Thread, paper piercer, needle
Good double-sided tape
Sakura Glitter pen
Step 1: Print purse box template, score it, & cut it out. (There's a detailed tutorial on how to build a box here.)
Step 2: Score a grid onto the box with a Scor-Pal; this quilts it nicely & helps you place the jewels evenly. (Alternatively, you could also draw a grid with a glitter pen, stamp with SU's Polka Dot background stamp and use those marks to place the gems.)
I like the tab on the outside but you could tuck it in since when the two large flaps are stuck together, the temlate makes a nice little upsidedown 'V' or pointy shape (technical name) ;O)
I added some stitching to the little flap.
Step 4: Make the handle. I did this schtuff...
- Cut a piece of cardstock (1 inch by 8 inches)
- Paper pierce it
- Stitch it with thread (using doublesided tape on the back instead of knots)
- Cut another piece of cardstock (also 1 inch by 8 inches)
- Stick the second strip on on the back of the stitched handle. 2 colours looks snifty.
- Use double sided tape to stick the handle on & pierce it with the brads (in the flower centers) for extra hold
To Make the Flowers:
I painted the CTMH primas with Tim Holtz's Distress Crackle paint
(in black) and I stamped some with French Script in Black Stazon ink.
The centers are made by embellishing some some decorative brads (by sticking gems on 'em with Crystal Lacquer.) Then I stuck the brads through the flower & through the handle of the handbag:
- ...used the new Pink Pirouette cardstock from Stampin' Up!
- ...made a smaller grid (lots o' bling Baby!) ;O)
- ...distressed the edges of the purse with black marker & added faux stitches
- ...used gem brads & SU's platinum Hodge Podge Hardware
- ...Stitched the handle with black thread.
Happy Stampin'!!! :O) See you Friday!
Like purses? 100+ more purse templates here.
Into that Scor-Pal? 100+ more things to do with your Scor-Pal here.